Sunday, August 21, 2016

Beginning of the School Year Assessments


Its that time of year again! 
Everything is fresh and new.  Brand new crayons, notebooks, sharpened pencils
and we are in labeling heaven!  

As we write, and rewrite our students names on our fun labels for around our classroom we must wonder...

...I remember my Tylers from the past, I wonder if he will be the same?
...I never had a Scarlett before!...
...Another Lilly! I miss my Lily from last year, I hope she had a good summer!

As we ponder, we also think about how we are going to get to know our new students.  Their personalities, needs, home life along with their academic needs.

After the first couple of weeks of getting to know the personalities of my students, it is time to get down to the nitty gritty.  The following assessments help me learn of their foundational skills awareness:

 
Both assessments include a beginning, mid and and of the year data column
along with a Grade Conversion Table and Proficiency Level Descriptors.


You can find both at my TPT store:
Letter & Sound Recognition Assessment


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment