Monday, December 26, 2016

January Listening Center with QR Codes

I have a wonderful class this year, but I'm finding that my Listen to Reading Center is in need of a boost.  Raz-kids is not cutting it any longer so I am starting off 2017 with a new routine.  I created 25 SafeShare QR code Read Alouds with winter themed stories that are sure to interest my firsties. What's great is that there are more than enough read alouds for the entire month! 

I plan to assign a story each day and then have them complete a "generic" story map, sequencing activity, character trait web, etc. after their reading.  This will help me assess for understanding and it will keep them engaged in the literature as well as holding them accountable.  

I will present one Listen To Reading task cards a day and then keep them on display for the remainder of the month.  This way the children can enjoy multiple readings if they finish early.

I'm pretty excited about this venture, especially because I am confident that the QR codes will link my students to a webpage that is free of ads and potentially inappropriate content.  I took most of the read aloud videos from youtube and Storyline Online. I filtered each link through SafeShare.tv which removed ads and pop ups.  Now I don't have to worry about what my students might encounter on the web! Big Yay!

You can purchase the whole set at my TPT store: 

Here are a few samples of the task cards I created:
 
Happy Listening!




No comments:

Post a Comment