Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The K Files'...FILES!

I don't know about you, but my filing cabinet is a treasure chest of resources and goodies that are dear to my teacher heart. But it wasn't too pretty to look at. So I created some fancy dividers to help me locate just what I need when I need it! Look how pretty my Phonics/Words Their Way files are:


I find using colored Oxford folders work best (you can purchase them in boxes of 25). I’m slowly in the process of switching over. Not only are they more durable and hold up well, but those darn tabbed file folders always gave me nasty paper cuts. Plus the Oxford folders look much nicer. Not to mention that you can color code everything! Be still my teaching heart!

I know that many teachers prefer to use binders to organize their resources, but I don’t like to hole punch my originals; they don’t copy well. Also, I’m not a fan of the sheet protectors either, I find refiling my resources more time consuming if using them.

So I am going to stick to MY K FILES!  Teehee!


My next project is to switch from tabbed manila folders to the colored oxford folders. I got started with my digraphs files:  No more paper cuts!

Such a simple endeavor has brought me such pleasure.
I no longer dread having to do my filing
(one of my least favorite teacher tasks).

I'd love to share these dividers with you.
I've just uploaded them at my TPT store as a FREEBIE:



1 comment:

  1. I tried to download the reading and phonics file dividers, but the file is actually called Gumball.

    ReplyDelete